Universal Avionics Systems Corporation, an industry leader in avionics systems technology is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer for our Northwest Engineering Division located in Redmond, WA. The ideal candidate has a commitment to quality and collaboration. You will be joining a highly energetic and highly capable team of various engineering disciplines that pioneer and maintain the Universal Avionics product lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs Quality Assurance activities to support the Quality Management System (QMS) and specific regulatory compliance (i.e. RTCA/DO-178B development)
- Assures all software and firmware development, verification and configuration management activities comply with approved plans and standards.
- Reviews planning documents.
- Completes Test Readiness Reviews and Conformity Reviews.
- Identifies quality problems and approves corrective action
- Participates in QMS audits
- Conducts audits for compliance to RTCA/DO-200A
- Maintains conformity and configuration of product for development
- Inspects test benches prior to formal testing
- Inspects circuit board rework and writes rework instructions
- Maintains the calibrated equipment per the BMS processes
- Reviews BMS processes
- Performs internal Audits
- Performs the monitoring and measuring of both process and product
- Assumes control of non-conforming product
- Handles materials
- Maintains conformity of units
- Recommends corrective action for procedural, product or process deficiencies
These activities may include quality assurance activities specifically related to regulatory requirements for software (RTCA/DO-178B, or current revision), firmware (RTCA/DO-254, or current revision), databases (RTCA/DO-200A, or current revision) and environmental testing (RTCA/DO-160F, or current revision)
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in development or verification
- Demonstrates good judgment in decision making
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to work independently in an efficient manner
- Active listening skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Capable of handling challenging situations, resolving conflict, and standing up for what is right
- Strong in critical thinking
- Ability to multi-task
- Passionate about quality
- Proficient with a personal computer
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Working knowledge of RTCA/DO-178B or DO-178C, RTCA/DO-254, AS9100, ISO 9001
- Understands the concept of the customer – not just the end customer, but others within the organization
- Understands why process in important (satisfy customers, reduce defects, safety, etc.)
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Universal Avionics is committed to and values a diverse workforce. We maintain a drug-free workplace, perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background screening, and participate in E-Verify.
U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent residency status (“Green card”) is required, as Universal Avionics’ products and technology are controlled under U.S export laws including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, Export Administration Regulations and the Export Administration Act (“Export Laws”).
Universal Avionics is a leading manufacturer of innovative avionics systems for business jets, turboprop aircraft, transport aircraft, helicopters, regional and commercial airliners used by corporate, military and airline operators. We offer advanced avionics as a retrofit solution for the largest diversification of aircraft types in the industry.
Our journey began when founder, Hubert L. Naimer, formulated the details of a "Master Navigation System", which led to the development of the world's first Flight Management System (FMS). Over 30 years later, Universal Avionics has expanded its product line and delivered breakthrough technologies to the industry that offer incredible safety improvements, situational awareness and operational benefits for operators.
At Universal Avionics, our employees are our greatest assets. Our employees know that they are an essential part of the Company’s success which makes our mission to create an environment and experience that attracts and retains engaged individuals so important to us.
Universal provides an excellent benefits package which includes comprehensive healthcare, 401(k) with employer match, vacation accrual, 14 paid holidays annually, excellent work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, and more.
For more information about us, visit our website at www.uasc.com.