ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Direct the work of associates on a project-by-project basis.
- Work with Project Managers and team members to maximize profitability while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Analyze and design systems.
- Prepare complete project documents including studies, reports, engineering drawings, and technical specifications.
- Prepare concise and correct written correspondence.
- Provide technical support on construction projects including reviewing construction submittals and performing construction site observations.
- Work independently or as part of a team to perform technical activities consistent with project plans within project scope and budget.
- Track progress on project tasks relative to scope, deliverables, schedule, and budget.
- Meet deadlines or assist others in meeting deadlines.
- Provide consultative value to clients.
Quality Program Responsibility
- Provide Quality Control Review of work product on projects to ensure they meet Company, industry, and client standards and expectations in accordance with Jones Edmunds Quality Program.
- Responsible for the quality of work submitted. Review designs and documents before submitting them to the next review level.
- Adhere to project deadlines and keep the Project Manager informed of any difficulties encountered on assignments.
- Complete peer reviews of work in a thorough and timely manner to ensure the quality and service our clients receive.
- Review the work of Engineers and Engineer Interns that was completed under his/her direction.
- Perform peer reviews as per quality program.
- Submit work for quality control review on time and in a complete format.
- Participate in developing technical papers and presentations.
- Assist in developing client proposals for projects to ensure a complete scope that meets Company, industry, and client standards and expectations.
- Interact directly with clients on technical issues.
- Present a professional and positive image of Jones Edmunds.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: BS in Engineering from accredited college or university
Registration: Florida Registered Professional Engineer
Experience: Minimum of 8 years of progressive consulting or related experience
MS Engineering may be substituted for 1 year of experience
PhD in Engineering may be substituted for 2 years of experience
Other: Publication/presentation record
Valid Driver’s License with an acceptable MVR
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Must have knowledge of the practical application of engineering, science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to design services. Must be able to use computer aided drafting or design software for designing, drafting, modeling, and other engineering tasks. Must stay up to date on knowledge of construction and government standards relevant to engineering and have the ability to apply new technical knowledge on the job. Must be able to use scientific rules and methods to solve problems as well as understand the implications of new information for current and future problem solving and decision making.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran/AA/DFWP
Jones Edmunds & Associates will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.,) to fill this position.
We are a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment with Jones Edmunds & Associates any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation, drug screen and motor vehicle report.