KMC is a leader in engineered manufactured metal stampings and fabrications. KMC has a history of growth and private ownership serving leading, global Original Equipment Manufacturers for over 100 years. Whether a simple metal clamp or complex, custom developed assembly, KMC is dedicated to delivering creative engineering solutions to the world’s leading manufacturers.
Under the direction of the Sr. Quality Engineer, the Quality Engineer will work with the MRB process and identify opportunities for improvement to improve manufacturing operations and support new product launches.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Manage the material Review Board (MRB) area and product through: rework, scrap, deviation, etc., and improve the processes using 8D & corrective action techniques.
- Ascertain root cause and implement workable corrective actions in order to resolve quality problems.
- Analyze individual/families of products quality and advise Engineering on quality improvement potential.
- Project management to improve manufacturing operations. Analyze quality data, identify problem areas, and lead in resolving manufacturing processes or methods that affect quality.
- Review and approval of part dimensions layouts including verification to all engineering specifications.
- Review and approve proposed changes to production inspection requirements.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Other duties as assigned or required
Skills / Qualifications
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Technology or Engineering and two to three years of related experience, or four to seven years of related experience in a metal working environment. Experience to include working knowledge of PPAP methodology, statistical techniques, 8D processes.
- Strong project management skills, ability to lead and communicate with others, and ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze engineering specifications, technical procedures, customer manuals and blueprints including GD&T methodology.
- Knowledge of metrology, gauging, calibration and requirements of the AIAG Measurement System Analysis Manual.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook experience.
We offer a competitive compensation package including:
- Group Insurance Plans (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Benefits (including company match percentage)
- Tuition Assistance
- Vacation pay
- Ten (10) paid holidays per year
In addition, KMC offers ongoing training and professional development of our team members, a business casual work environment, and competitive salary.
Interested candidates may submit their resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
1221 S. Park Street
Port Washington, WI 53074
For more information about KMC Stampings and current opportunities, visit www.kmcstampings.com
Direct link to posting and Apply Online:
Equal Opportunity Employer • Drug-free Workplace