- Deep knowledge of M/W and engineering services both internal and contracted
- Established relationships with management-level peers at the assigned Class 1 railroad, particularly in the M/W function
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be proficient in the use of email, and computers and in Word, Excel, Adobe, PowerPoint, Google Drive and other software commonly employed to develop presentations and promotional materials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work with cross-functional teams, field and office staff, railroad officials, potential clients and existing clients
- Proven ability to exercise discretion in the handling of sensitive and/or confidential materials and information
This job operates in an office environment and in the field at jobsites. This position requires the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to read, write and speak English clearly. Must be able to drive long distances and travel by other modes as necessary. Must be able to stand for long periods and able to walk level or uneven ground for prolonged periods.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, salary, exempt position that typically works in-excess of 40-hours per week.
Must have the ability and availability to travel freely, including weekends and at times, on holidays.
Routine travel is expected for this position (30 – 70%)
- The ideal candidate for this position will have at least 15 years of direct railroad experience within the Maintenance of Way (M/W) department with BNSF and have maintained an excellent network within the company and the industry
- The ideal candidate will have strong skills in presenting and delivering new concepts and methods