PURPOSE: The Engineering Project Manager-Utilities performs professional-level work with implementing and managing engineering functions through all stages of a variety of public works projects. The incumbent utilizes engineering principles and practices to solve and implement solutions related to utilities, proposed or existing infrastructure, and environmental issues.
- Assists in the administration and monitoring of engineering programs and projects, including engineering projects in the 5-year Capital Improvement Program.
- Projects typically include sanitary sewer, water supply, storage and distribution, or special projects.
- Promotes and maintains positive departmental public relations and image with customers, which include other City departments and staff, contractors, developers, property owners, and the community in general.
- Represents and consults with the community, city officials, businesses, and contractors regarding compliance issues and project development.
- Administer public works programs related to water distribution and sanitary sewer collection systems.
- Prepares engineering studies and engineering scope of services.
- Provides preliminary planning and design services.
- Assists in writing and preparation of contract documents and specifications.
- Manages consulting engineers for wastewater treatment plant improvement project design.
- Coordinates interagency approvals and utility operations.
- Prepares necessary legal documentation and manages construction and post-construction activities for public works projects under the supervision of the City Engineer.
- Makes recommendations to the City Engineer or Director of Public Works regarding need and funding requirements for each project.
- Reviews and comments on private development plans.
- Determines and ensures compliance with state and local requirements on public works projects.
- Approves or returns plans for corrections or modifications.
- Promotes engineering department vision and overall goals and objectives of the City to all departmental staff.
- Directs the selection, training, supervision, evaluation, and discipline of the engineering technicians involved in drafting of plans.
- Prepares work schedules and coordinates with other supervisors to manage engineering projects.
Reasonable accommodations requested by qualified individuals with disabilities will be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990.
2017 SALARY RANGE IS: $77,304.76 - $100,496.76 annually with excellent benefits.
(Appointments are usually made at the beginning of the range).
APPLICATIONS will be accepted through WEDNESDAY, MAY 31, 2017. This deadline may be extended to meet the needs of the City.
HOW TO APPLY: You can now apply online through NEOGOV from our web site (www.ci.brookfield.wi.us)