WSDOT is proud to announce an exceptional opportunity to become an executive-level leader for the agency. This position serves as the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Mega Projects for the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) and reports to the Assistant Secretary of Regions and Mega Projects - Chief Engineer. The Deputy Assistant Secretary of Mega Projects provides leadership and policy direction for the Program Administrators of the Puget Sound Mega Projects which include all aspects of: the $1.9 Billion Puget Sound Gateway Program; the $4.5 Billion SR 520 Floating Bridge and Landings Program, the $1.9 Billion I-405 Corridor Program, and the $3.1 Billion SR 99 Alaskan Way Viaduct Replacement Program.
The primary objective of this position is to ensure that WSDOT's engineering, operations and communications for the Puget Sound Mega Projects consistently reflect best practices, and the products, services, and outcomes meet or exceed industry standards. This position serves on the agency's executive management team.
At WSDOT, we honor diversity in the workplace and support one another with respect and trust. If you would like to join our team-oriented environment and enjoy continuously changing environment with a great deal of career stability and growth, definitely consider a career opportunity with WSDOT.
This position will perform the following work:
- Determine and lead the overall focus of WSDOT Mega Project programs, projects and positions; work in partnership with Federal, State and local elected/appointed officials, Indian Tribes, advisory groups, community groups, business organizations, business owners, property owners, and all other stakeholders.
- Provide ongoing direction and oversight in creating and implementing improved practices and operating policies and procedures that deliver transportation system value and sustainability to the communities and citizens of Washington State.
- Collaboratively work with WSDOT executives, staff and external stakeholders (including governmental/legislative officials) to solicit meaningful input, develop options, and implement best practices and solutions that improve project delivery, operations, and asset management processes.
- Collaboratively work with external organizations and firms to develop effective planning, contracting, design, maintenance, construction, and traffic operations procedures.
- Support internal teams that provide continuous review and improvement of processes.