Operations, Policy and Planning, Project Management
King County Metro’s Mobility Division will be filling seven (7) paid internship positions available to veterans and both college and graduate students during the 2021-22 school year (beginning in Summer 2021). The qualifications, benefits, and salary information below applies to all the positions. Computer equipment to allow for virtual participation until Covid-19 related stay at home orders are lifted and employees can physically return to the office will be provided. Specific information for each of the seven positions follows.
Minimum Qualifications for ALL Internship Positions:
Interns must be college students, graduate students, or veterans:
1. Students should be pursuing college or graduate level degrees in business, public administration, transportation management, urban planning, or a related field
2. The successful Veteran Fellow candidate will have similar skills and background but do not need to be in a college or graduate degree program
A strong interest in public transportation and the desire to make a difference in King County's transportation landscape by promoting the use of transportation solutions that get drivers out of single occupancy vehicles
Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and visual communication skills
Ability to work effectively in teams, collaboratively and respectfully with a diverse group of
individuals from various positions and backgrounds
Self-starter with the ability to take direction and work independently following through on
multiple priorities and assignments in a fast-paced and agile work environment
Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel; ability to learn online software quickly
Commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. Ability to promote an equitable, diverse and
inclusive work environment and support equity, diversity and inclusion goals.
Desired Qualifications for ALL Internship Positions:
Knowledge of and experience using public transportation options
Program and project management skills
Experience with databases for reporting and analysis
Process improvement and problem-solving skills
Additional Salary Information: Specific Salary Ranges
- Undergraduate Interns: $17.7796 - $22.5365 per hour
- Graduate Interns: $20.0181– $25.3742per hour
**Vets 4 HIRE Veteran Fellows will be compensated at a range of $17.78 - $32.17 depending on military rank and education level.
- Veteran Fellow I - $17.7796 – $22.5365 per hour - High School graduate; or pursuing BA; or enlisted grade E4 or lower
- Veteran Fellow II - $20.0181 - $25.3742 per hour - Possess BA; or pursuing Masters; or enlisted grade E5 or higher
- Veteran Fellow III - $25.3759 - $32.1655 - Completed Masters or Officer rank
Internal Number: 2021AA12827
About King County Metro
Connecting what matters
Metro Transit is your "go to" agency for public transportation throughout King County. We are popular locally and admired nationwide for our innovative transit services, pioneering green practices, and visionary approach to meeting the transportation needs of the county’s growing population. Metro's many services, choices, and support connect people with communities and help make life a little better for everyone.